This is a great food for kids and kids really enjoy having this hot maybe along with some tomato ketchup. You can add your choice of vegetables to the paratas taking care how you process it before you stuff into the paratas. You can use shredded cabbage or grated cauliflower along with cooked and mashed peas and paneer. I sometimes cook most of the vegetables in the cooker, and add the appropriate spices before stuffing them into the paratas. Just ensure that the stuffing is dry so that you don't end up with messy paratas!!Paratas do make a very filling and delicious meal.
- Ghee to brush on parathas
- Knead a soft and smooth dough with the wheat flour adding water. Use little oil the end while kneading to make the dough non sticky. Make lemon sized balls with the dough.
- Cook the potatoes till soft in a pressure cooker. Heat little oil in a pan. Add the ginger garlic paste. Saute for a few seconds before adding the very tinily chopped carrot and capsicum into it. Cook for 5 minutes till they are soft yet crisp. Add the cooked and mashed potato in it followed by salt and garam masala. Combine everything together. You can also make the stuffing in a microwave. Make small balls of the stuffing.
- Roll the dough to a thick circle. Place little stuffing in the center of the ball. Seal the ball completely and properly. Now again roll them into a big but thick circle.
- Heat a tava or a girdle. Place the rolled circle on this and cook on both sides till you see brown spots appear on them. Brush some ghee on both sides while cooking.
- Serve hot with some curds or pickle.