My site has a new address now http://www.creativesaga.com . I think many of you are aware by now. It was under the transition phase for the past three days and now it is complete. You will be redirected to this address automatically. The email and other feed subscribers do not have to make any changes with their subscription. They will continue to get the updates regularly. Thanks to all the readers and do keep visiting and giving your comments to keep it going.
Few years back, I knew pasta could be made the Indian way or using the white sauce. I became familiar with different kind of sauces only after I visited a several blogs.I have been trying and experimenting with different sauces since then. This recipe was partly taken from here. But then , I modified the ingredients and method to a extent to suit our taste. We enjoyed it for an early dinner yesterday evening.
Spinach walnut pesto
Spinach walnut pesto recipe
Spinach- 1 cup chopped (blanched)
Walnuts- 1/4 cup
Garlic- 2 cloves
Cheese- 1 cube(I used a single cheese slice-thats what I had at home)
Dried red chilly-2(optional)
Toast the walnuts lightly. Combine all the ingredients in your blender. Blend this to a smooth and loose paste. It yields around one cup.
For the pasta
- Any variety of pasta- 1 cup
- Bellpepper-1 chopped into elongated pieces
- Carrots- 1/2(chopped into long pieces- match stick like)
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper- 1tsp
Spinach walnut pesto sauce- 1 cup(follow the recipe mentioned above)
- Boil the pasta till it turns soft. Drain the water. Wash with cold water to prevent it from sticking to each other. Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped bell pepper and carrots. Cook till they turn soft. Now add the cooked pasta. Add the pesto sauce and mix till the pasta is well coated with the sauce. Add salt and pepper.Add the milk. Combine well and remove from flame after 2-3 minutes. You can garnish with more grated cheese if you wish.
Veg pasta with the pesto sauce