Walnut brownies - easy and quick recipe
We had a small get together last week and decided to have a potluck. I was asked to bake a cake. I wanted to make it chocolate as most of the kids are fond of it.I settled down on baking brownies as I had never made them for parties and I had baked chocolate cake many times and I thought this will be different.
I am so glad everyone liked it a lot and actually fell short of it and I wished I had baked some more of them. The recipe is quite easy and quick to make too. They had a perfect crust and very soft and chewy in the inside. Its a perfect dessert for parties and you could serve them with vanilla, chocolate or coffee flavoured icecream too!!
- Chop the walnuts into tiny bits.
- Grease a brownie pan or any rectangular cake tin and line it with a baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs till frothy. Add the sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the oil.
- Combine the self raising flour, atta and cocoa powder together.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet ingredients and mix well. Add milk as the batter will be quite thick.
- Now fold in the walnuts and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a prepared pan.
- Smoothen the top with the spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 30 minutes or a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool and slice into small square shaped pieces or shape and size as you desire.