White chocolate pound cake recipe -- Pound cake recipes
I have been itching to bake cakes since a long time. There was a time when I used to bake a lot. I had baked lot of cakes, brownies, muffins,breads etc. But now with the baby around, its really difficult for me to assemble the things, mix and bake. But my urge to bake got really strong one day. My son had gone for some classes and the baby was sleeping. I finally decided to bake a cake which I had bookmarked sometime back. Also I had some white chocolate which was nearing the expiry date and I had to use them urgently.
My baby woke up atleast thrice before I could mix the cake and put it into the oven.So I had to do everything in midst of putting her to sleep. But the cake turned out really good and delicious, so the effort I put in the making seemed very trivial. My son who loves one and only dark brown chocolate cakes could not accept this white cake as a chocolate cake , but he enjoyed it a lot, so that really does not matter. Do try this one and let me know how it turns out for you.
Recipe source- food.com
- 1.Preheat oven to 300c.Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- 2. Combine the sugar and butter and beat it till it is fluffy.
- 3. Add eggs one by one and beat well after each addition.
- 4.In another bowl, Combine the flour.baking powder ,baking soda and salt.
- 5.Add the flour mixture to butter mixture alternatively with buttermilk beginning and ending with flour mixture,beating after each addition,just until well combined.
- 6.Stir in melted chocolate.
- 7.Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 8.Bake for 1 hour 30 minutesor until a skewer or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8.Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- 9.Remove from pan.
- 10.Allow it to cool completely.
- I poured the leftover melted chocolate on top of the cake.
Today also happens to be my birthday.So I wanted to post a cake recipe .I hope I manage to bake more. Do wish me luck for that!!