Zucchini brownies- low cal -eggless and butterless
Now, unlike before, green and yellow zucchinis are easily available in all supermarkets here. So I get to buy them quite often.I have been wanting to make zucchini and chocolate cake.I just loved this recipe which is a kind of low calorie one and healthy too. I have always used atta/whole wheat flour in my baking with good results. But really regret that I completely forgot to use it here and went ahead with the usual flour. Anyway I am going to do that next time. But the brownies were really good. Unlike many recipes which call for grated zucchini, here we use the puree which makes the brownies moist with a lovely texture. The taste was awesome with no hint of zucchini actually and according to me all cakes tastes better the next day and the same with this one too!!I would say this is one of the best recipe for zucchini brownies.
Recipe Courtesy- The yummy life
- Combine the chopped zucchini.oil,yogurt,sugar and the essence in a blender and blend it it a smooth puree.
- Combine the dry ingredients -flour,baking powder and cocoa powder in a big mixing bowl and mix well.
- Now pour the blended wet ingredients in the flour mixture and mix well to form a uniform batter.
- Pour the batter in a well greased and floured brownie pan or square cake tin(9x13).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 25 minutes or a skewer pricked in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake well before cutting into squares/bars.
- Notes- (some according to the original recipe)
- You can frost the cake with your favourite chocolate frosting and top with walnuts or pecans .
- You can serve with chocolate sauce or icecream.
Use atta/whole wheat flour instead of maida for healthier version.
Whole wheat pastry flour was used in the original recipe. It can be again substituted with oat flour also which is gluten free.
To make dairy free or vegan version substitute yogurt with another 1/4th cup of oil.
Instead of vegetable oil, use coconut oil or canola oil .You can even use same amount of melted butter.
Try to use Hershey's dark cocoa powder for better results though I used a regular one and it was still good.